Saturday, February 2, 2013

I think I've found a craft to pursue...

So...(do I always do that?)...due to my anxious need to always be doing more, I believe I've found a way to bring in a few dollars (I mean, hopefully a lot more than that) while I'm out of work on Maternity leave. Since short term disability will probably cover only exactly 6 weeks at a pretty much NOTHING rate of pay, I need something creative to do, around constantly loving on my little bundle of course.

Well, I've found it - QUILTING!!!

I know I know, sounds like its for old people and log cabins...but that's the point!!! I want to make something for my little bundle he can pass on, just like my baby blanket my mom crocheted for me before I was born - which I still have! I also am NOT a fan of most patterns and blankets and such made for little boys....he's a boy for crying out loud, it DOES NOT mean he and his mother have ABSOLUTELY no taste in clothing or bedding, and are fine with buying everything with a baseball or car on it. Ugh.

Well, after that rant...hahaha...I intend to start with a quilt for Jayden to drag around, and perhaps make his entire bedding set myself for his crib. After that perhaps other stylish boys baby bedding, and girls as well of course. And larger, made to order quilts as well, once I get an idea of how long each one will take me and get set up in our new place. I tend to be pretty good with crafting....this is just something new :)

Well followers, I'll set up an etsy shop in the next couple of months, and maybe even attend a few events and try to sell them in person. I'll definitely take custom orders, and they will all be different, modern, and unique! Some designs, some patchwork...I'm getting too excited to sit still! I'll also be getting one of those SQUARE readers so that if you encounter me in person and want the quilt that I've got available...well you can just swipe your card :-)

Man...I'm getting all the front work done, all that will be left is to just get quilting and see how it goes!!!

More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment