Saturday, February 2, 2013

Braxton Hicks

So, during my appointment a few days ago at WBWC - the 31st I do believe - I experienced my first Braxton hicks contraction!

Okay, let me edit that statement...earlier during the appointment I had been asked if I've been experiencing any contractions and I'd said no...with a very, very sad face (considering I am DONE carrying around this heavy little boy lol). Later, while feeling around my belly and making sure Jayden was still head down (which he is) the midwife says "Do you feel that? How your tummy is hard?" I said yes of course, considering the thing is attached to me haha. Well, her response was "that was a contraction!".

Well color me crazy. Either I'm having one of those very mild pregnancies, I'm oblivious to things that should make me uncomfortable (probable), or....well no, I think its one of those. So, its quite likely I'd had a few already, and just didn't notice. HOWEVER, ever since my appointment it seems to happen almost once an hour! I mean, is there a switch or something that gets turned on???

Lord help me, lol. Still doesn't hurt, its just inconvenient and uncomfortable depending on what I'm doing. Or entertaining if I'm doing nothing. Apparently, according to those I know who have had children, they can hurt, or be uncomfortable to the point of pausing whatever they're doing. Someone even asked me at work what was wrong with me because I thought they were entertaining. Just goes to show that while advice and previous experience stories can be useful, they should also be taken with a grain of salt, and only YOUR OWN situation should be applied to you.

I've added a link to some more information - easy style rather than medical jargon, courtesy of the What to Expect (R) website - regarding these interesting events.

http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/braxton-hicks-contractions.aspx

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment