Friday, May 10, 2013

Our First Pediatrician Visit!


So, as you can see in the picture above, Jayden was NOT feeling the nurse trying to get all of his vitals before Dr. Young arrived at Western Wake Wellness. But, when she did arrive...it was like night and day!!! Jayden took to her immediately, and she managed to finish the rest of the poor nervous nurse's measwurements in record time without him getting fussy on the cold table surface! And my little "fuss pot" as I call him is VERY temperature sensitive, but he just smiled and cooed at Dr. Cynthia Young. Amazing.

He's continued his perfect 1+ oz per day weight gain, weighing in at 10 lbs 5.5 oz....my little breastfeeding chunk! He did NOT get any immunizations, and she was perfectly fine with that since my husband and I have both had Tdap shots and we're the primary caregivers. Overall it was a great visit and I'm SO GLAD I got in with Dr. Young at her new office, I felt so much love and care radiating from her, and she genuinely takes mom's opinion into account! She even wanted the story of my pregnancy and birth...great woman, great doctor.

Her website is below for any natural parenting families in the NC Triangle area that don't want a fight each time they take their kids to the doc (she's a family practice doc by the way, so the whole family can have her as a primary).

 


No comments:

Post a Comment