Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pregnant Body (Cast) Art!


Hey there everyone!!! So, a couple of weeks ago, my wonderful husband plastered by preggo belly and chest and we made the below cast to remember my first pregnant form :-)


Well, on Thursday 2/28/13 I finally spent a couple of hours decorating it. I'd been avoiding it because I had NO IDEA what I wanted to do, and eventually decided that, as with all of the "birth art" we made in our Birthing From Within classes, I should just do what came to me...so out came my limited supply of acrylic paints, and below is the evolution of my cast!

First came a printed ultrasound photo of Jayden that I placed on my belly button (still an inny!). I used different blues, black, and silver around his photo, which blended perfectly with the black&white computer printout. His colors represent the calm and soothing dark world where he still is (for now). And blue is both my and his daddy's favorite color :-)


 Then came browns for me, and yellows and oranges for the warmth and happiness of the sun around the breasts...especially since that will be where he finds most of his comfort (while sleeping and breastfeeding) at the start of his little life. I extended the halo-like effect of the yellows and oranges around the blue/black/silver area around his photo like an embrace. 



For the finished product, I added his name across my chest in blue. I may also add a Pisces symbol after the "n" at the end of his name...depends on how I feel :-)  


For those of you that consider having a professional do this for you, or would really like to but don't have the extra cash...its so fulfilling to do it yourself, with your significant other, or with friends! 

We bought a casting kit by pearheadTM for less than $20.00 at the local Burlington Coat Factory (but they can be found ALL OVER and in plenty of other brands! We just happened to be there.). 


Paints can be gotten from craft stores in smaller squirt-style bottles that cost less than the typical tubes, and brushes can be found almost anywhere from the dollar store to Walmart to craft stores, depending on your budget.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment